I Forge Iron

Hmmm, interesting looking anvil

I periodically torture myself by looking at the numerous anvils on eBay going for a song and wishing I had a car, hoping against hope that a lightish one appears within transport links. Came across this little thing, and the shape intrigued me.
anvil and sack truck on eBay (end time 11-Mar-08 13:08:20 GMT)
Looks (from what can be seen) to be wrought, and a little swaybacked. The pattern isn't London or Portsmouth, or anything I recognize as such, though there is something a little Colonial about it to my eye. Any thoughts anyone?

[No links to seller, FleaBay blah blah blah]

If you take a closer look, it is a London pattern with hardie hole, step, and horn/bick. The horn/bick is behind the "sack" but you can see the step of the anvil and the first inch or two of the horn. Bad swayback! :( It is a dark photo on eBay but when you lighten it up you can see it better.

I'd also be a little suspicious of the horn being hidden behind the hand truck. I don't know about the UK but this side of the pond an anvil is worth a lot more than a hand truck and would get front stage in a picture.

Frosty