I Forge Iron

Pet Gate?

Colopast

Better in what sense? It depends primarily on the size and strength of the dog, as well as whether or not you want to be able to remove and replace the gate. Wall-mounted is generally stronger, as it doesn't need to rely on friction to keep it in place. Most portable designs don't permanently alter the door frame, which could be important if you rent. Either could be aesthetically pleasing, depending on your skills for both design and execution.

I'm toying with ideas for a gate to keep the pitbulls in the family room, and I'm definitely going to need something permanently mounted. For the designs I have in mind, I'd have to space the elements closer together if I had a chihuahua and make the whole thing taller if I had a Great Dane. Your mileage may vary.

If your workspace is an outside building you could make a perminantly fixed full door gate, that would not only keep the dog outside when you need to have the door open to work but woud serve as a security grille when locked down. As stated it all depends on your situation, information you'e not supplied.