I Forge Iron
JHCC

Inexpensive P100 filters?

I just started using a 3M 6000-series respirator with P100 2091 filters for grinding and other dusty applications, and I like it a lot. One thing I'm wondering though is where to get replacement filters. I can order them from a number of online safety companies for about six bucks a pair, but I also see a lot of eBay ads for these with pretty deep discounts. I think I can guess the answer to this, but are this reliable filters? Or would I be buying fake products that don't do anything? 

I would go with the real 3M filters. For back ground, I have over 20 years of EHS experience in metal working factories. I find the pancake style like these to be very easy to breath through.

Question, if you are not in an oil mist environment as well as dusty, you know than a N-100 is less expensive? the P or N refers to Permissible or Not as far as oil mist. The N type are often half the price of the P type.

It would appear that 3M does not make the N-100 pancake filters for this respirator.