I Forge Iron

Show me your anvil stands

With so many anvil threads there has got to be a million stands out there holding up these anvils.  Found many stand threads but I thought we need a place to talk about anvil stands only. A place where people can get or share their ideas on stands and can easily be found in one spot.    All tips or ideas welcomed! Thank you for sharing

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres just a block of wood my Soderfors Paragon came on, and a original cast iron stand under my Kohlswa , and I believe a cast iron factory Fisher stand .. although there is no name on it..

s-l1600[1] (5).jpg

imageMOIIA7O3.jpg

s-l1600[1] (4).jpg

That stand with the wood is gorgeiois..   It wouldn't take to much to make a setup like this 

The side bars are 1"X2" but I would make them bigger next time around..  The bars were inset into the wood and then the long treaded straight bars were drilled and placed through the holes.. Then the anchor bars were wrapped around the fed in.. Everything was then threaded..   

Reason why I even mention it is you have a really nice stump with a very nice anvil..  Kind of falls apart at the staples..  Sorry.. I don't mean to sound like an elitist.. 

The other thing is when bolted down with the brackets shown.. The anvil will be very quite and it will perform like a much bigger anvil.. 

20170709_165604.jpg

Few more stands.. angle iron  1/4" X 3" angle.. was a stand put together to keep the anvil off the ground. Next is the old one out of the trailer, Then one made back between 1843-1925.. The anvil mounted on it was a Hay Budden bought directly from the factory.. It was a 2 piece anvil 198lbs.20170709_165745.thumb.jpg.f115135b227923236e1d7a70a5fedede.jpg

20170709_161230.jpg

20170709_161234.jpg

20170709_165405.jpg

20170709_165619.jpg

20170709_165730.jpg

4 hours ago, jlpservicesinc said:

That stand with the wood is gorgeiois..   It wouldn't take to much to make a setup like this 

The side bars are 1"X2" but I would make them bigger next time around..  The bars were inset into the wood and then the long treaded straight bars were drilled and placed through the holes.. Then the anchor bars were wrapped around the fed in.. Everything was then threaded..   

Reason why I even mention it is you have a really nice stump with a very nice anvil..  Kind of falls apart at the staples..  Sorry.. I don't mean to sound like an elitist.. 

The other thing is when bolted down with the brackets shown.. The anvil will be very quite and it will perform like a much bigger anvil.. 

20170709_165604.jpg

No offence taken, thanks for the tip. That would be a much more elegant solution and probably be even more secure though with my current set up the anvil is already incredibly quiet as it's stapled down tightly into a bed of silicone.

4 hours ago, Foundryman said:

No offence taken, thanks for the tip. That would be a much more elegant solution and probably be even more secure though with my current set up the anvil is already incredibly quiet as it's stapled down tightly into a bed of silicone.

ok. forget it.. didn't know it was glued down also..