I Forge Iron

Hello from Upstate SC

Hey all!

I'm Bladebaka. Previously of Houston,TX (and grew up in Anchorage, AK), currently near Anderson, SC. 

I started out as a software engineering student, but during an internship with my dads' contractor at NASA (It was Houston, after all) I discovered that the high-stress environment and the lack of visible/physical progress was horrible for me. After the internship reached its' end, I (mostly) gave up on software engineering, and after moving out to the Clemson area (a friend in the area invited me out to be his roommate since Clemson is a great engineering school) I hit a snag. Couldn't get a job that paid well enough, and I wasn't able to secure loans or grants because I didn't have residency.

Shortly after, I started messing around with a Gingery smeltery while working and waiting for residency, and around that time I came across a video on YouTube of Man At Arms building Leona's Zenith Blade from the video game "League of Legends", a character I loved playing as, which piqued my interest in blacksmithing. I had plans for breaking into the hobby, but I never found the money and time to do the thing.

At the suggestion of a close friend, I started attending Tri-County Tech for a degree in Welding Engineering. At present, I'm about halfway through. I'm currently employed with the school in a work-study at the Industrial Lab with all the CNC and welders and fun toys that I'm allowed to use (after learning how, of course), which I'm currently exploiting to build my anvil and forge and such.

So that's pretty much me! Nice to meet you!

--CK

The only time we might have seen each other in Anchorage I would probably have been doing road maintenance work: driving a plow, fixing pot holes, guard rails, signs, flagging, etc. I was living in a trailer court off 4th. and Boniface, about a 5 minute walk from the Costco next to the Northway Mall.

Mystic Pass is pretty remote, is your Grandfather a pilot or did you guys charter?

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 years later...