Jump to content
I Forge Iron

What is the name of this top fuller?

Recommended Posts

Hi. I found this tool at a garage sale, and the seller didn't know what it was. I know what it is, but I don't know what it's called. My name for it would be "fork fuller" for obvious reasons, but that's not the correct name. I don't see any of these on eBay. Does anybody know what they are called?IMG_20170625_125930.thumb.jpg.29250b5b5e5564fd177b78909a2ae324.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you have some pics from different angles? I have a top tool that Looks something like that and I believe it's for maybe swaging pipe down or perhaps puttig a measured shoulder on round stock without a sharp corner on the inside angle. I know mine was a manufactured tool by Atha so it was in common use I just don't know for what. 

I've used it to swage pipe for good joints on pipe saw horses and it worked a treat they didn't require gusseting, stiffeners or such.

Frosty The Lucky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Frosty. Thanks for the reply. It does look like it would be good for fullering pipe, like for a candleholder. I prefer a spring fuller, since I usually work alone. A search on "pipe fuller" mostly turned up spring fullers. Anyway, I was curious if there was a proper name for this tool.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...