I Forge Iron

Welcome Mississippi Forge Council

We would like to welcome the Mississippi Forge Council to their forum. Anyone can read the forum, but to post to the forum you need to register to the IforgeIron site. It is quick and easy. Blacksmith Forum - Register here

This is your forum. It is subject driven and all posts on a specific subject are in one place so they can be easily read. To start a new subject, go to Blacksmith Groups Forum and click on "new thread" (green box). To post to a existing subject, scroll down below the post your reading to "quick reply" and type in your text, or click on "post reply" (green box) and type in your text.

We also invite you to contribute to other parts of the site, the forum, the gallery, the chat, etc.

Welcome to IForgeIron. We look forward to some interesting discussions. If you have any questions, just ask, or contact me directly.

Thanks Glen and Jim,
This is a real treat. I would like everyone to know that for the last 8 or 9 years I have looked forward to our monthly meetings with the MFC and will continue to, but the IFORGEIRON site has been a great buffer between those times. It is full of knowledge and once you start navigating around you can't help but pick up on it.

This is ricardo, not sure if I am on here or not.

Jim are you on both forums?

I was and I was on the phone with Glenn, I got too confused and had to focus on the conversation with Glenn. I'm looking forward to learning how to use this site.
Later,

Hi Jim & Glenn,
great site Jim, glad the MFC is online with it. Can't wait till the conference, really looking forward to it. Know it's going to be as good as in the past. I'll be there Wednesday, assisting Steve in the class.
thanks for all your hard work.
Anthony

We had our March meeting today and all went well. Ricardo demonstrated how to make a knife sheath, and the different tools needed. After explaining the process all the way through he then offered to make a sheath while everyone watched. I was glad to offer a knife that needed a sheath. We had several new faces and they all seemed encouraged. The new roof on the blacksmith shop looks great. I am assuming we will need more than one day to get the stacks back up and the shop ready for the conference. We are going back up with some side draft hoods. Hope everyone is doing fine and will be looking forward to our next meeting/workday.
100_1962.JPG

100_1969.JPG

• 2 months later...

Jon McIntosh sent me, thought I'd just say Hello. We know each other from the Med Center. I spend most of my time hunting and fishing when I'm not at the forge. I' ve only been forging knives about 4 months now and I'm still setting up shop. I tend to read more than post until I get to know the members and see how the forum works. My Login comes from the name of my forge, Big Medicine Forge or BMF for short. My real name is Gerald McGuire