I Forge Iron

I had a major stroke

Brazer

Don't matter - 31 years since I landed on my head, and Mrs Taylor has to listen to the same two or three hollow notes over and over. She is insisting now that I tell you that she "loves that I am a fighter, and that I never quit" (I DID quit once).

So I'll listen to any tune, any time you want to butcher it.

I can't play my fiddle but I can still play the harmonica. Can't whistle a tune, but I can still make music. Maybe I can make a calypso drum from an old oil drum. I can beat that with the hammers. All you guys out there really know how to make an old dog feel good inside, knowing that I am not alone here. With the Lord on my side being the pilot, I just follow where He leads me. I always pray for Him to help me use all the many talents He has given me to use and share those talents with others. This makes me try even harder to get back in shape and to enjoy teaching others so that they can do for themselves the things that has brought me so much joy over the years.  I plan to be around another 30yrs. I gave away about 25 crosses I made in appreciation for the help and kindness to those nurses and aids that made my hospital stay comfortable, and all the physical and occupational therapy people that got me well enough to go home after 2 months in the hospital.

Again guys out there a big thank you to all.

Blazer, just keep being you no matter how you can. Keep trying, never give up and always do your best. You may have suffered a setback but you didn't lose your mind. Well not any more then before :D your great. Keep us up on progress, failures, and diehard determination. 

I bet the nursesaids and therepists absolutely loved those gifts. And will treasure them. Tell them that you want to get back to making them for others. Keep up your progress. 

• 2 weeks later...

My dad had a major stroke and heart attack 10 years ago.  He was not supposed to walk again, talk again, use his hand, and not live that long.  He walks, talks (the king of dad jokes), drives, constantly fiddles with fixing things and is plenty healthy.  He was very touch and go there for a while.  The doc suggested a therapist which he fought until mom put her foot down.  He started getting rid of his photography equipment with a doom and gloom response to everything.  Mom wasn't having it.  Once he started going to the therapist and yes he was on antidepressants things started to improve drastically.  He credits climbing out of the depression he did not know he was in, as what started his recovery.