I Forge Iron

The Lovers

My "feelings " are if its a part design element and I can make it my own then it's ok. If I copy a piece I feel it's wrong. Lol. I love looking at scrap sculptures or other art but wow how many times I realize "why didn't I think of that" and pass because I don't want to seem like a copy cat. To each their own ( and maybe I'm missing out) but I try to keep to my own spin. Funny enough some forged items I will use the design but 1 I won't cut in on local/ probably Internet sales and 2 it's my take on it. Maybe I am wrong. What are other thoughts on this?

Naw, you're right Das. To yourself be true is as true a statement as ever uttered. We have to be able to look at ourselves in the mirror and live with who looks back. I won't do a lot of things because I want to like that old fart in there.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to play with the idea. I'm just not going to sell or show the results but you just never know what it might spark in your imagination.

Frosty The Lucky.

I made my own version of that and posted it around Valentine's Day. And it was a huge hit!

I didn't take credit for the design, so I don't feel any remorse for making an item that does flatter the original design with my own twist on it (Which I like better than the original to be honest). I made it as a gift to brighten someone else's day -and it did. I'm glad I saw the original posted online - I'd have never came up with that simple design on my own. I don't think I'd feel right about selling a copy that wasn't my own design, but to make a single piece for my own personal world doesn't seem wrong to me at all.... but that's my opinion...... 

Hook Statue.png