I Forge Iron

Need a little help.

First time on forum so hello to all.

I am trying to locate a book that I had in my library at one time and have lost or misplaced.  My lovely wife thinks I have gone batty on her or, as pertains to the book, having a very serious senior hallucination. Neither is the case...I think?

I am pretty sure the book exist because I forged a boss, formed it into a u shape drilled and tapped it and inset it into the beam of a marking gauge to hold a knife to cut the fibers when marking tenons and dovetails cross grain.  I also forged a ramshead (horn?) nut to lock the depth stop to the beam.  Neither of these two forgings were my ideas.  Got them from somehere...the book?

The particulars of the book, like title and author, are lost to me and the contents are rather dim.  I do remember two pictures.  One was two men at a steam hammer.  It struck me as odd that the steam hammer had a "driver".  The other was of an abandoned steam hammer (minus the anvil?) the sheer size had a wow factor.  There may have been a significant number of line drawings showing how to forge steam locomotive parts.  Not sure about the latter.  Beyond this, I got nothing.

Does any of this ring any anvils with you?  I have looked on the net with out any success.  B&N has a couple of fairly expensive POD books, but nothing on content so I am reluctant to order them with out knowing what is in them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Blacksmithing books that I looked in for the process of elimination.

Blacksmith’s Manual Illustrated  by J.W. Lillico
The Art of Blacksmithing  by Alex Bealer
Forge Craft 1913  by Charles Philip Crowe
American Blacksmith  by Holstrom and Holford
A Blacksmiths & Hammerman’s Emporium by Douglas Freund
Practical Blacksmithing  by M.T. Richardson
Blacksmithing by Selvidge and Allton
Practical Blacksmithing and Metalworking second edition  by Percy W. Blandford
The Village Blacksmith  by Aldren A. Watson
The Complete Modern Blacksmith  by Alexander G Weygers
New Edge of the Anvil  by Jack Andrews
Art Metals  by C. Vernon Siegner

It would have been a fairly "recent" book that mentions Blacksmithing in the 3rd world.  I think I have too many more books to list: De Re Metallica, Pirotechnia, Mechanics Exercises, Diderot's Encyclopedia, Divers Arts, Egyptian Metalworking and Tools, Elementary forge practice,Forging Practice, Decorative Ironwork COSIRA, Decorative Ironwork Cameo, The Complete Library of Metalworking, Blacksmithing and Soldering, Country Blacksmithing, Schmiedeeisen Franz Rabl, Geschmiedetes Eisen, Das Eisenwerk, Blacksmithing Drew 1937,  Hand Forging Googerty,  That's one shelf out of 10, minus the overlaps with what you posted and a bunch of books that don't count like "The Complete Bladesmith, The Master Bladesmith and The Pattern Welded Blade, the Knives Points of Interest books, Wrought iron Byers co x3,  The Working, Heat treating and welding of Steel, 1935, Pounding out the profits, The Little Giant Powerhammer, Indian Knives, Samuel Yellin, Ed Fowler's Knife Talk, How to make multibladed folding knives,  etc.

There's 42 books on that one shelf and 10 shelves in use in that bookcase; of course a lot of the other shelves deal with medieval and renaissance physical culture, arms and armour---including a book just on Hunting weapons, and books on the metallurgy of armour, Medieval Iron in Society, the history of technology, traditional crafts, books on welding (OA, Arc, General), Farm Shop and high school shop textbooks. Machinerys Handbook, ASM manuals, Anvils in America, Introduction to Knifemaking, Civil War Blacksmithing, Metallurgy in Archeology, Metals Technology in Medieval India and some weird ones like "The American Prison from the beginning as it shows forges for blacksmithing inside prisons---(Ohio Tool used to sell tools forged by prisoners) I have 4 more empty shelves reserved for growth in that bookcase; it's a tall one---within a few inches of the ceiling.  The next bookcase over is shorter and mainly SF and Fantasy as is a larger one in the bedroom. The smaller one in the bedroom is for books to  read, and medical books (the other bookcases in the casita are for my wife's books)

I'm going to try to dig up the UN Blacksmithing Manuals and look at them...And tomorrow of course we go to the used bookstore run by the local Public Library...(every Wednesday and Friday when they are open late)