I Forge Iron

*Update*

So far I have found out that is was produces somewhere mid 1800's

Further I know nothing

That's a beautiful anvil, good score! The AK2 looks to be stamped in and could mean anything or nothing. I'd joke about AK being the abbreviation for Alaska, the state in which I live and you should ship it home but shipping it would cost more than buying a new one would. So, I won't make the joke, well . . . that joke. :rolleyes:

Have you done a rebound test? It's condition appears to be excellent, almost unused and it's weight makes it excellent for a heavy use shop anvil. Are you going to use it?

Frosty The Lucky.

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

That's a beautiful anvil, good score! The AK2 looks to be stamped in and could mean anything or nothing. I'd joke about AK being the abbreviation for Alaska, the state in which I live and you should ship it home but shipping it would cost more than buying a new one would. So, I won't make the joke, well . . . that joke. :rolleyes:

Have you done a rebound test? It's condition appears to be excellent, almost unused and it's weight makes it excellent for a heavy use shop anvil. Are you going to use it?

Frosty The Lucky.

I did a rebound test when it still had all the rust on it, I'd say it was about 60% i'm gonna do a new one in a few days.

I'm going to use it in my small backyard shop to make knives, hammers ect. 

The guy that I bought it from had to get rid of it because he was moving so I got it for an absolute steal (320 euros)

And as far as the condition goes, it has a couple of pits in the work face but not a lot, the rest in still in amazing condition, the corners are really straight and look beautifull :)

(Hera are 2 photosfrom before I removed the rust)

18290090_1871686586420635_1240224828_o.jpg

18280217_1871686409753986_2035065665_n.jpg

Good save and a steal of a deal! You lucky dog you nothing even close to that sweet comes my way. Even covered in rust she's beautiful, she'll serve you the rest of your life and a few generations to come.

Now I need to go salve my anvil envy for a while. <sniff>

Frosty The Lucky.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Good save and a steal of a deal! You lucky dog you nothing even close to that sweet comes my way. Even covered in rust she's beautiful, she'll serve you the rest of your life and a few generations to come.

Now I need to go salve my anvil envy for a while. <sniff>

Frosty The Lucky.

One luck that I have here in Europe, You can get really solid heavy anvils in good shape dirt cheap