I Forge Iron

July 2017 Something for hanging on the wall

Glenn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was cleaning up the shop and found 4 old junky traps. I have some others but these really need repurposing. Going off of an idea from Dale Russell to make these into door bells, and the old grenade complaint department idea, I want to paint the trap trigger red ( after a full clean up) and make small signs for above them to hang them on the wall. I'm not sure how to make the small sign read. Any ideas welcome. 

" complaint dept. push button."? "Push button for complaint."? "Have problem,push button." ? ... 

Want to keep it short and simple, and kinda mean. :) Winning idea gets one of the 4 shipped to them free.  My discression or if there is a popular vote on a winning idea gets it. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

"need finger itched? push button."

"push button to fix whining"

Those traps are fun though arnt they?

I will try this months, thought that's what I said about last months. Like I need more stuff on my walls! more like I need more wall!

Littleblacksmith

Haha, yeah those traps are great. Same for me, I can't keep up with it all but these will get done. Your suggestions are noted ;) feel free to make more if ya think of em. 

3 minutes ago, Farmall said:

I think you paint a number "1" on the trip, and the sign should say:

"Complaints? Press 1 for help"

Haha I love it. Will give time for other ideas. 

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Complaint department call bell, press here.

Frosty The Lucky.

I like that too. Will probably do a consensus vote. They are all good ideas. 

well as much as I'd like to keep it operational for the intended purpose,. I'll be welding it non operable so as no one gets a lawsuit. I'll save the stronger traps for the real deal and those will be available upon special request with papers of non liability to be signed. ;) 

well.... ya know Someone is ganna push it joking or not. hmm. yeah I really want to avoid being named in a lawsuit. lol.

MAYBE we can work something out but ya didnt get it from me.

"Salesmen, Press the orange button."

003.JPG

Make it so it doesn't remove body parts. hang it on insulators, maybe paint the back with plastidip or whatever. Put a bare wire hooked to the electric fence charger a little behind the trigger. 

Dept of education,:huh: ring the :wacko: school bell.  :o

Ooh ooh! Put a bucket under the trap half filled with . . . plastic fingers. 

Man I have GOT to start keeping my eyes open for traps.

Frosty The Lucky.

My dad had a No 1 kodiak brown bear trap when I was a kid, It was the biggest spring jaw trap i have ever seen, He did not weld it but he made a permanent clamp for the springs. It hung next to the front door with a sign that read. Tax collectors please press for immediate assistance .

Never thought of making a trap into a 'welcome' door sign. (Says to self: "Why didn't I think of that?")    Great idea, Das.

We have a lot of these traps - rabbit traps and dingo traps. (No bear traps!) Somebody stole two of our rarer ones.

I like Das's original message: Complaints Dept. Press Here.

I would like to do one of those but feel like I would be stealing the idea. Moral dilemma again!

I know right! I just picked up a double spring one, its a decent sized one. Let me just tell you, don't let it shut on your hand!

It's funny how when there is something free evolved how many comments there are.:)

Littleblacksmith

Frosty, I like the bucket of fingers thing. Sounds like I'll be going to the after Halloween store sales. 

Beaver, Dale Russell makes them into door bells. 

David I've seen only a few bear traps for sale around my area and they went for big money. 

Aus, I actually didn't look but I'm sure it's been done many times. Now I'm affraid to google it lol. But mainly the idea came from Dale with his door bells. 

Have at it. I think it's something you can make your own. 

LBS yes some of them will put a major hurting on you. The one in the first pictures probably wouldn't be too bad but never know if a small child might push it.