David Kailey

Anvil Stands. Make'em nice and clean

Now that I'm back in my shop I'm waiting for a strong south wind---say 30 to 40 MPH and then I will open all the 10'x10' roll up doors and rent a backpack blower and clean the shop from all the cobwebs and dust that built up when I was working down south.  Probably be next spring. (Well, yes, that would be considered a moderate wind for the spring out here.)

And I thought that I was the only one who used a blower to sweep my shop floor and dust everything off!

I don't use a blower because all the dust and fines ends up on top off all the rafters and every inch above head height. 

Then everytime I go looking for that special piece of sword or hidden treasure stuffed up in the rafters I end up looking like a chimney sweep.  

Back when I was a pro I would intentionally water the floor before sweeping to keep the dust down.  

Then I discovered the vacuum..  This is one of the best inventions ever.   I shop vac everything..  

If I had a pole barn or an open sided setup with no insulation and no hidyholes up above I'd use the blower too.. 

But even in the trailer it's amazing how much dust finds its way up ontop of the beams. 

That's what the strong wind is for---to push it all out.  Here in New Mexico we say that you can tell when it's spring; because your neighbors' concrete blocks start blowing into your yard! First year we were here we had 80 mph straight line winds come through.  

Easier to blow it off than the vacuum all the clutter in the storage part---even if I had electricity to the shop...