I Forge Iron

The Fly

Also depends on the frog

Tree frogs have sucker-like adhesive disks, or Sticky pads, which aid in climbing, on the tips of the fingers and toes.

Aquatic Frogs have webbing between their toes that aid in swimming.

Frogs that burrow into the sand to keep moist in the heat have stubby clawlike fingers that are adapted to digging.

Some frogs have parachute-like webbing on their hands and feet which act as an air-brake when they glide from tree to tree or leaf to leaf. These frogs are known as "Flying Frogs."

Frogs usually have webbed hind feet, and some have webbed front feet. Some frogs, such as tree frogs, have pads on their toes that help frogs climb trees, or even stick to a glass window. 

Most toads don’t have webbed feet or sticky toe pads. They move by a series of short hops on land.

The things you learn on a blacksmithing site. LOL

Hey Das

Great work as always, The piece you have used as an abdomin looks like it is a cap to protect the tap on gas bottles though they usually have a female thread on the ones that I have seen mostly Cheers Beaver

On 5/8/2017 at 7:10 AM, JHCC said:

A fly has a proboscis.

Flies have proboscises.

(Although the Greek plural technically is "proboscides", but let's not be too picky.)

;)

Oooh, Proboscides. What a delicious new word to use on a group of nosy snooper people! "Will you PLEASE retract your proboscides!"

Thank you John, I can HARDLY wait! :)

Frosty The Lucky.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Oooh, Proboscides. What a delicious new word to use on a group of nosy snooper people! "Will you PLEASE retract your proboscides!"

Thank you John, I can HARDLY wait! :)

Frosty The Lucky.

When the time comes, you have two choices for correct pronunciation: "pro-bo-SIGH-deez" is more a Modern English prononciation, while Ancient Greek would probably have been "pro-BOSS-kih-dez".

• 3 weeks later...