I Forge Iron

Any smiths in fairbanks or north pile area?

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header it'll make connecting with people local to you much easier.  

Bryan Morgan is in North Pole. He checks in here pretty regularly. I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember the name of his operation. I just shot him an email and link to this post but it's awfully nice weather to be sitting around on a computer. 

Frosty the Lucky.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, Black Spruce Forge said:

Are there any shindigs or get-togethers, or do the local smiths go down further south for hammer-ins?

From what I can gather most "Hammer in" type events are held down Anchor-town way.

There are more hammer ins in South Central than the interior because we get together. There are blacksmiths, bladesmiths, farriers, etc. in the interior but you're a more insular bunch. There are a couple guys not far from you posting on the club FB page pretty regularly.

You guys need to talk to each other and make the time to get together. The more knowledge, tips and tricks you swap the more everybody benefits.

If Deb and I get up that way I'll give a shout out here and on the club FB pages and see who I can hook up with but it's the same 360 miles this way too.

Frosty The Lucky.