I Forge Iron

Please help identify anvil

According to Anvils in America page 358, starting around 1907 on Trenton Anvils the Hour Glass Depression on the bottom was replaced by and Oval Depression, which yours has the Oval. Also, around 1909 the Handling Holes are no longer used.  So that would possibly put yours around or after that time.  I hope that helps.  And the value IMO, is .. What is it worth to you.  I sure someone out there has a real value assessment for you, but what I am finding it comes down to more than just a dollar per pound price.  I have talked to a few blacksmiths who prefer Quieter anvils, which are generally considered lesser quality.  Somewhere on this site I read that Vulcan is the vintage Harbor Freight of Anvils.  I love my Vulcan, and I just seen one sell for $6.00 a pound.  I paid less than $1.00 per pound for mine. I also have a 129# Trenton anvil and paid just shy of $3.00 a pound at an auction.  Another Trenton Anvil identical to mine went up for bid before the one won went up for bid.  For some reason that 120 to 130# Trenton Sold for $650.00.  Happy Metal pounding to you.

LOCATION is a major factor in price of anvils which you have not provided, shoot just here in the USA the location can mean US$100 mor or less on that anvil.  Which of the 100+ countries that participate here you are in we don't know.

It's a good brand but a tad small for heavy work; it would make a good travel anvil for someone with a 150# anvil in their shop already.

Ac,

I have a formula to figure anvil prices. Anvils are like bananas, and they sell by the pound. Even better news, you have the perfect apples to apples, or in your case, anvils to anvils comparison. Its worth half the price of your Hay-Budden. Okay, chances are a little more. Adjustable with condition, and rebound.

All in fun

N.N.F.              Beautiful, Manchester, Michigan. USA 

Hay Budden with face plate to Trenton with face plate is apples to apples. Hay Budden with solid tool steel top to Trenton with solid tool steel top is apples to apples. #1 Hay Budden to #2 Trenton (and the other way around) is a substantial difference.