I Forge Iron

Buffalo Post drill n 615

• 1 year later...

Gentlemen,  found a part Buffalo mod 611 drill with the feed mechanism intact, took a punt and lo fits my mod 615 like it was made for it, feeds nicely. Guess a lot of parts are interchangeable with different mods for later models. Did cost me, but have never been able to source one off the net. Came from a chap who goes to farm clearing sales and has a pretty amazing collection of gear, you pay for it of course but sometimes you have little choice. P1030107.thumb.jpg.b442d604d6d9cf6e0caf83117e6e6f7e.jpgP1030106.thumb.jpg.202573bae8af6ce68f06b9ae7f697566.jpg

Greetings Heelerau, 

Did you know that that model has a two speed feature. You can remove the handle and hub and install it on the smaller gear hub for slow speed operation.  They are fun and functional too. 

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I have ratted a couple more parts off my purchase, so has been well worth the cost, the pivot for the main pinion.  Just swapped over the top threaded cylinder which the shoulder that takes all the upward thrust was all but gone, and also a grub screw to hold the top hand wheel on which has now been refitted and now sits on the top of the frame with out the large gap as seen in the above. 

• 1 year later...

I have been making hoof picks to sell at the local feed stores, good little practise pieces out of 3/4 horse shoe, which a farrier mate gives me rather than toss away.  I drill a hole in the end of the picks handle with my post drill, gives the shoulder a good work out. A little trefolex helps.