I Forge Iron

Undecided

Ken. Jenkins

22 minutes ago, Ken. Jenkins said:

Now that I'm home everyday I'm thinging about starting up a forge to start making blades what should I  start with

Start with reading the forum. There are pinned posts at the top of each section that give important information that just about everyone should read. In your case, look at the sections on different kinds of forges, getting started in bladesmithing, etc.

A word of warning: the folks here on IFI are tremendously helpful IF they see you holding up your end of the conversation. That means: do your research, think carefully about what you need to know, don't ask basic questions that have been answered a dozen times (or more) already, and be as specific as possible about what you're asking. 

BEST SUGGESTION THERE IS around here is to learn how to read the forum before posting questions  That skill will take you far. and since this post here has absolutely nothing do do with reference material I will relocate it away from that section to somewhere else more appropriate

Read the blade sections here including the book list. You need at least basic knowledge to ask a question that can be answered.

It'd be like me dropping into a hospital forum and asking, "I'm retired now and want to pick up a surgical theater and start operating on people. What should I do first?"

Frosty The Lucky.

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Isn't that implied John? It'll be the last operation you'll need!

Frosty The Lucky.

Next time my son has a math question about the Order of Operations, I'll remind him: Frosty comes last!

On 4/23/2017 at 5:53 PM, JHCC said:

Next time my son has a math question about the Order of Operations, I'll remind him: Frosty comes last!

If I start showing up on math tests I want royalties!

19 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Ahh Frosty; you won't be visiting any operating theaters in El Paso May 9th will you?

Got good insurance, extra parts? I'll check air fares. Is obsidian or flint available or should I bring my own?

Hmmmm, the old movie theater in Wasilla is for sale, a paint job, lights and I can sell tickets. 

This is starting to sound like fun and I was just posing an extreme example to make a point. Ain't life just one surprise after another? :)

Frosty The Lucky.