I Forge Iron

Lavender horse bowie and autumn kitchen knife

TheoRockNazz

Lavender horse bowie and autumn kitchen knife

Waterjet and then forged 5160 spring steel with integral guard. Autumn leaves and lavender cast into the handle window.
Also part of the series is a ram and boar's head, so keep an eye out for those coming up soon :)

Let me know what yall think,
Theo

20170418_104602-01.jpeg

20170418_104541-01.jpeg

20170418_104509-01.jpeg

20170418_104346-01.jpeg

20170418_104334-01.jpeg

20170410_094154-01.jpeg

20170410_094729-01.jpeg

20170410_094429-01.jpeg

Theo, You never cease to amaze with some really innovative blades. Those are really cool. 

The dark side of me is thinking a skull and cross bones pommel with a halloween store severed finger and droplets of blood in the resin handle...... Ooh, I find dried up bugs while disassembling cars all the time. Some insects in a resin handle would be cool....yeah, what you are doing is unlimited on awesome design. Pump em out before someone steals the design. :(

Keep up the awesome work.

Uh, 3D printer, casting set up, water jet. I admire your access to fun tools almost as much as what you do with them. Beautiful if kind of whacky as usual.

Waiting for the next installment as always. Frosty The Lucky.

5 hours ago, C-1ToolSteel said:

Amazing work, as always!

How bout some .22 lr casings in a handle?

If you are going to do that how about some 45 colt shells in the handle with the bullets in the blade as part of a canister Damascus? Just need to find someone who reloads that would spare a few round parts and pieces :)

I sometimes use center fire brass, prefire the primers by heat under a plate so they do not fly into an eye, then seat them like for reloading.

You can fire .22 brass with heat also, then you do not end up with the dent in the rim, pull the bullet first of course and set up so they don't end up in your eye.

3 hours ago, lanternnate said:

...with the bullets in the blade as part of a canister Damascus?

Unless the bullets are steel, they're not going to fuse in a canister weld. A lead bullet in the middle of a blade would be one heck of a weak spot, even if it did survive heat treatment.

22 minutes ago, JHCC said:

Unless the bullets are steel, they're not going to fuse in a canister weld. A lead bullet in the middle of a blade would be one heck of a weak spot, even if it did survive heat treatment.

Good point... shotgun shell and steel shot it is then :P or I suppose you could also invert and use steel casings in the blade and suspend the lead bullets in the handle too hmmm...

12 minutes ago, lanternnate said:

Good point... shotgun shell and steel shot it is then :P or I suppose you could also invert and use steel casings in the blade and suspend the lead bullets in the handle too hmmm...

If Theo could figure out a way to put the casing at one end of the handle, the bullet at the other end, and a trail of bubbles in between, that would be pretty cool.