Sign in to follow this  
littleblacksmith

How do you store your sand paper??

How do ya'll store sand paper? I have sand paper scattered through my shop and makes it hard to find the grit I'm looking for sometimes. I am just trying to find a way to store the sand paper that comes in piece about the size of a piece of copy paper. Any body have and easy way that doesn't take up much space? Thanks in advance!

Littleblacksmith

I have one drawer of my knife making toolbox specifically for sandpaper. I categorize it by grit, most aggressive at the top, least at the bottom. Though I usually end up with it scattered throughout the shop as well lol.

I used to have a small purpose built shelf for sorting my sandpaper. I don't have it any longer and need to build another one but it was relatively quick and easy. I used scraps of 1/8" plywood and 1x6" boards I had laying around. I made the spacing between the shelves about 3/4" and had them just larger than the sandpaper. I notched the 1x6s to slot the plywood in, a tight slot and a little glue and you don't have to try nailing it together. Let me know if I'm not clear enough and I'll see what I can do.

I did exactly the same as Michael Cochran suggests, he must be some kind of genius.  I built this little shelf 25 years ago and never found a reason to replace it.

20170417_192503[1].jpg

9 minutes ago, stockmaker said:

I did exactly the same as Michael Cochran suggests, he must be some kind of genius.  I built this little shelf 25 years ago and never found a reason to replace it.

Not a genius, just a guy that likes to use what I have. Yours looks much nicer than mine did. Mine looked like it was made from scrap by a guy who was making up as he went lol

Ok thanks guys! I figured this would be ya'lls suggestions but was just curios and wanted to see if there would be any interesting creative ideas, Simple is easy, I like it! Thanks again!

Littleblacksmith