I Forge Iron

Yeah, a little creepy Scott, kind of hill folk meets Warner Bros exploding whatever soot face with buggy eyes, cool. 

You're going to express "self immolation" in the Scarecrow? Self IMMOLATION!?! :o That certainly explains the soot covered face look of your AVATAR. I'll be watching for those pics, oh YEAH!

One of the down sides of living here is being to far from the lower 48 to participate in events like Burning Man.

Frosty The Lucky.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

You're going to express "self immolation" in the Scarecrow? Self IMMOLATION!?! :o That certainly explains the soot covered face look of your AVATAR. I'll be watching for those pics, oh YEAH!

Frosty, about that self immolation comment... I should choose my words more carefully in the future. :wacko:. That was concerning a welding fixture I cobbled together and was thinking about posting a picture of for laughs but I've decided its to hideous to share.  Lol.  You know, a burning scarecrow may be more effective now that you mention it....  

"Burning Man" might be a bit of fun to go to!

Soot???  Not likely!  Que the Twilight Zone music!  

3 minutes ago, Nodebt said:

Frosty, about that self immolation comment... I should choose my words more carefully in the future. :wacko:. That was concerning a welding fixture I cobbled together and was thinking about posting a picture of for laughs but I've decided its to hideous to share.  Lol.  You know, a burning scarecrow may be more effective now that you mention it....  

"Burning Man" might be a bit of fun to go to!

Soot???  Not likely!  Que the Twilight Zone music!  

Man I LOVE a typo almost as much as a good straight line!

I've put together some pretty horrific welding jigs in my time myself. If a welder doesn't put a few together s/he has a boring job.

Who knows maybe a few of us might someday get together a month or so in advance and enter something spectacularly horrifically flammable ourselves. I vote for something that flies and disintegrates. Call it "Ballistic Math". I wouldn't feel properly fulfilled if spectators were allowed within a couple miles.

Frosty The Lucky.

54 minutes ago, Nodebt said:

Could this "thing"  you propose be designed to spray out some molten thermite before said disintegration?  If so, Im in.

Oooh it COULD! Hence the 2+ mile safety zone. Can we add metallic salts to thermite for different colors? A while back there was video going around of a pinwheel rocket sort of giant firework in the East. It must've flown a couple thousand feet high spewing loud colored flame ad smoke the whole way. Scary neat show.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, heres where my avatar comes from...  It sculpture of a miner '49er I came across on a road trip.  I dont know who the artist is so can't credit him/her.  I love the way they used wire for the hair, beard and im using the idea on something Im working on now.

Ps Id never dream about allowing anyone on that thang without first trying it myself!

20160331_100000.jpg