I Forge Iron

Blower value?

Creature

Hey everyone I came across a hand crank blower for sale on kijiji. Just wondering what it would be worth. It is listed as 

Canadian Forge & blower model 700

Working condition and no rust. 

Opinions and thoughts wanted. 

Ultimately, it is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it. I personally wouldn't offer more than $50 US the first time. I also have to say that I have never owned nor operated one so I know very little about them. I also suggest you listen to the comments and suggestions that are bound to follow since they are likely from more knowledgeable people.

Canadian prices seem to be completely uncoupled with the US market for these things. if it is in perfect working condition, you can expect to pay 100 - 150 Canadian. if it has a stand included, add another 50. without pics, too hard to be more accurate. That being said, there are a ton of postings, especially in Ontario, that are so over priced, it is ridiculous. some people wanting 300 - 400 for something that is seized etc. I would find it laughable if it was not so rampant. I have even seen anvil shaped objects and old vintage anvils with the face completely delaminated posted for 9-10 bucks a pound. sometimes Canada really sucks. This is one of those times. 

Edited by Camerican
adding content

It is in Renfrew. No price listed. It looks like it's in great shape. I offered 200 he came back at 350. I don't need it that bad. 

I am using the small blower from a gas furnace right now and it's working OK but quite loud. 

I like the looks of the Japanese Fuigo bellows I think I will build one.