Hephaestus Smith

Forging large Circles HELP

On 3/23/2017 at 7:28 AM, Al Stephens said:

My bad and I dont know how to delete it.

20 hours ago, anvil said:

My bad and I dont know how to delete it.

Edit is only good for maybe 30 minutes and may have changed. You'd think Admin could but it's a serious PITA for them so unless it's something really . . . not good they just let it be. 

Your bad is now immortalized. Congrats!

Frosty The Lucky.

Lol, its like the difference between a musician and a blacksmith. When a musician hits a bad note, it goes away, but a blacksmith mistake, you are immortal!

8 hours ago, anvil said:

Lol, its like the difference between a musician and a blacksmith. When a musician hits a bad note, it goes away, but a blacksmith mistake, you are immortal!

as a musician (of sorts) i disagree, people are still talking about the time i tried to play "rocky road to Dublin" on  didgeridoo at an Irish trad session :)at least if i mess up now i can stick it back in the forge. :)

Hephaestus,

"Hurrah me soul!",  says I

H, thank you. That image is helping lighten a rough day for me.   Have you tried covering Jesu Joy of Mans Desiring with the Dig'?   (I used to request that for the manual carillon at Cornell...)

On 2/1/2019 at 12:35 PM, anvil said:

When a musician hits a bad note, it goes away, but a blacksmith mistake, you are immortal!

As good a moment as any to repeat the amazing story of what Miles Davis taught Herbie Hancock about "mistakes":

7 hours ago, JHCC said:

"mistakes"

Excellent vid. Made my whole week! And right on the mark. To be able to take what happens and make it fit is the sign of a true master!