I Forge Iron

Forging a soapstone holder (youtube)

Thanks again for an excellent tutorial video. I just get jumpy anytime I see a cutting torch on or near an anvil or swage block. YOU don't make me jumpy using any tool anywhere in the shop more than I would. It's just a knee jerk reaction I get.

Sorry to digress J, that's gotta be one of the sweetest soapstone holders I've seen. The tutorial includes for folk who don't know, an exceptional class lesson on the use of kiss blocks and spring tools under the power hammer. The first sprint tool to set the shoulders is a sweet tool. 

The kiss blocks that draw the center down and how you control them is SWEET.

Not having a screw press I'd have to make another set of spring dies to form the ends to hold the soap stone but that's covered in essence in your video.

All in all this is a video I'm book marking and referring to for our club. Thanks again, masterful job.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks for sharing. I think I enjoy seeing your approach to tooling and the forging process you go through as much as I appreciate the end product.

Watching people of your caliber work inspires me to try to do better myself.