I Forge Iron

Blacksmiths shop for sale with equipment

I am sorry to say that due to ill health this fantastic opportunity has arisen for someone to purchase and take over a going established concern with an excellent reputation, complete with all the tools and other relevant items (materials, approx 3 tonnes of steel, consumables etc)

Rent for workshop is currently £330 per month, and currently 100% business rate relief,

Water is included, currently electric is roughly £180 per quarter billed by the landlord

Workshop is near to Radstock, Somerset, located on an old quarry site with full B" status and no immediate residential neighbours,

Due to sellers condition, a quick sale is desirable, and the asking price is £15,000, offers may be considered.

I can supply more details, if you are interested, pm me.

Thanks Marc, It is not my shop, that went some years ago, but a younger colleague who has been struck down in his prime at 54, and wants to try to get something together to leave for the family rather than let them have to dispose of the items piecemeal.

It is a great opportunity for someone to carry on with what he has taken time to establish and to develop it further. 

I do not know what the shop space is, but it does have 3phase electric, Power hammer, air compressor, grit blast cabinet, fly press, welders, rolls, pillar drill, capstan lathe, guillotine various forges, portable and larger, 3 anvils, swage blocks, cone mandrel, leg vise, circular saw, gas cutting equipment, jenny swaging machines, benches, vertical bandsaw, twin spindle grinder, plus many other blacksmithing tools and ancilliaries.

So, as you can see, all there and waiting to go, shame to see it being dispersed or scrapped, 

Viewing could be arranged for genuinly interested parties.

Obviously time is of the essence, as at the moment it is just money going out which he could put to better use, and April is another tax year start so ideally he would like to finalise before then.

• 2 months later...

The shop has not been sold as a going concern so there will be an auction of the contents as listed.

592f71fed6d3a_AuctionofDragonWorksforge.jpg.091aa084e079e9e42acc268243dd80ae.jpg

The forge will be open for viewing from 10 am with the auction starting at 12pm.

Forge address is Unit 2, Mells Pit Works, BA11 3RH but please note that Sat Nav does not generally get to the right location. If travelling from Mells direction, pass Vobster Dive Center and on the right hand side before Babbington house is Mells Pit Works.

Items purchased may be collected on Sun 11 June with a possible second collection on Sat 17th June

There will also be a working party to clear up and prepare for the sale at the forge on Sun 4th June from 9am and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by John B
List added