C-1ToolSteel

Last night, I dreamed...

15 posts in this topic

Ever waken up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat because some imaginary dude knocked the horn off your anvil? I know I have. Tell us some of your goodin's!

I think I've told you about some of mine, but normally its the heel....

had a dream a few nights ago that we were at the scrap yard. found some band saw blades, some chisels, the usual. also though found some Large Philips head screw driver bits. like 1" round. that was fun. Oh, and my brother fell in a big mud puddle. Its strange cause I always remember my dreams in the weirdest times of the day.

Littleblacksmith

Dreams are a way to solve problems while the body is at rest. Notebook beside the bed was used to make a perfect and detailed drawing of the jig needed, or the process needed, etc  By morning it sometimes looks like unrelated scratches on paper that someone drew in their sleep. When you get to the shop give it time and the answer will be there.

Posted (edited)

I have a recurring dream that I've been fired, but the job is a prison and I can't leave.

I have also designed tooling in my sleep.

Robert Taylor

Edited by Anachronist58
addendum

What Glenn said about the notebook. Sometimes great ideas come at the most unlikely times. Write them down or they're forgotten in the morning.

I haven't had any blacksmithing dreams that I can remember; most of my technical dreams involve complicated liturgical arrangements. What comes from having worked at a seminary for five years, I suppose.

I heard about a psychological theory. If you are a heavy drinker, meaning alcohol consumption, then you might dream, but not remember the dreams at all. Or possibly, the dreams may be scanty or few and far between. In that instance, the "dreams" may come out during your waking hours as delirium (Illusions.) Tune into Walt Disney's song and animation from the Dumbo movie, "Pink Elephants on Parade."

I rarely recall dreaming and the nights I do dream I wake up exhausted. My dreams are never productive, in fact they are usually quite mundane. I usually dream of things I barely tolerate when I'm awake (walking around a retail establishment or interacting with strangers) or I have dreams where I'm constantly on the move (either something/someone is after me or I'm just going). If I ever have a productive dream I'll be sure to share it with as much detail as I can. 

If I'm overheated in bed I dream that I'm being chased.  Been like that for years.  We put a box fan in the window last night to cool down the bedroom; turned off the heater weeks ago...

I have a fan that blows across the bed as well as the ceiling fan going. I can't sleep at all if I get hot. 

Wow, am I the only guy here who dreams about anvils? Not really an anvil dream, but I dreamed that I was walking through the woods and stumbled upon a couple cast iron ASOs. One of them was broken...

i dont dream about anvils or smithin but do dream a lot. the part that scares me sometimes is when i wake up at o dark thirty with the answer to a problem im having.

I rarely remember a dream except when it's something significant. The answer to a problem often comes in a dream now and then. I celebrate, not only do I have the answer but I remembered a dream!

Uh, . . . nope, no anvils, not that I can remember anyway.

Frosty The Lucky.

For some people, more anvils IS the answer to all their problems. Maybe I'm catching the bug...

I have the dreams where I can't swing a hammer and I wind up smashing my hand. When I wake up my arm is asleep because I was sleeping on it.