I Forge Iron

Last night, I dreamed...

C-1ToolSteel

I think I've told you about some of mine, but normally its the heel....

had a dream a few nights ago that we were at the scrap yard. found some band saw blades, some chisels, the usual. also though found some Large Philips head screw driver bits. like 1" round. that was fun. Oh, and my brother fell in a big mud puddle. Its strange cause I always remember my dreams in the weirdest times of the day.

Littleblacksmith

Dreams are a way to solve problems while the body is at rest. Notebook beside the bed was used to make a perfect and detailed drawing of the jig needed, or the process needed, etc  By morning it sometimes looks like unrelated scratches on paper that someone drew in their sleep. When you get to the shop give it time and the answer will be there.

I heard about a psychological theory. If you are a heavy drinker, meaning alcohol consumption, then you might dream, but not remember the dreams at all. Or possibly, the dreams may be scanty or few and far between. In that instance, the "dreams" may come out during your waking hours as delirium (Illusions.) Tune into Walt Disney's song and animation from the Dumbo movie, "Pink Elephants on Parade."

I rarely recall dreaming and the nights I do dream I wake up exhausted. My dreams are never productive, in fact they are usually quite mundane. I usually dream of things I barely tolerate when I'm awake (walking around a retail establishment or interacting with strangers) or I have dreams where I'm constantly on the move (either something/someone is after me or I'm just going). If I ever have a productive dream I'll be sure to share it with as much detail as I can. 

I rarely remember a dream except when it's something significant. The answer to a problem often comes in a dream now and then. I celebrate, not only do I have the answer but I remembered a dream!

Uh, . . . nope, no anvils, not that I can remember anyway.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the dreams where I can't swing a hammer and I wind up smashing my hand. When I wake up my arm is asleep because I was sleeping on it.

or the dreams where your fighting someone and you cant punch.

last night I dreamed that underneath a railroad trestle was sorta like a yard sale, but everything was free. picked up a few cross peins and a bunch of files and one hot cut hardy. or something like that. I dream about blacksmithing a lot though, and I had a dream very similar to this one a few nights ago.

Littleblacksmith

16 hours ago, C-1ToolSteel said:

When I was little, I was obsessed (and still am to some degree) with finding fishing lures that have been snaged in trees and stuff. I remember dreaming that a tree in my backyard started growing crainkbaits!

Some of the popular salmon fishing streams and rivers are known for snags. Unless you're an obnoxious combat fisherman others will warn you about where they are. There are also guys who make a living wading around and collecting lures from snags.

Then there were the brothers who owned the property with an excellent fishing hole on the IIRC Russian River. You can't block access to rivers so they had combat fishermen there all the time. One of them got a bright idea and tossed a large bed spring in the fishing hole. It wasn't too long before word got out about the terrible snag and the number of fishermen dropped significantly. The brothers made a pretty penny selling used lures too.

Then a Fish and Game officer caught them pulling the lure laden bed spring out of the hole, cited them and the fines and penalties did for the gold mine.

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Then a Fish and Game officer caught them pulling the lure laden bed spring out of the hole, cited them and the fines and penalties did for the gold mine

What did he fine them for? The only thing I could think would be for dumping it.

Littleblacksmith

Did you know that if you will lock down the breaks on an expressway to pick up a piece of scrap iron you are a real blacksmith, and if you get caught they will charge you with possession of lost or stolen property.  I was dumbfounded when I was sitting in the attorney's gallery and the judge read off the charges.  I thought that was just cleaning up litter, at least that is what my client or I would have used as a defense. The guy should have gotten an accommodation.  I don't know how many times I have stopped and picked up tools that had fallen off of a truck.  One day in Knoxville I saw a couple of tools on Kingston Pike.  I stopped to pick them up, then walking back to my truck another driver rolled down his window and said, "Hay Buddy, there are a few more back up the road."  So I kept walking up the road gathering tools.  Never did find the tool box though.

13 minutes ago, WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith said:

Did you know that if you will lock down the breaks on an expressway to pick up a piece of scrap iron you are a real blacksmith

That's where I got the chain that's weighing down my portable hole.

About the funniest thing that I ever picked up from the side of the road was about three bales' worth of straw that must have fallen off a truck and exploded on impact. Stuffed it all in the back of the van while Lisa was yelling, "What the HECK [she didn't say heck] are you DOING!?!?!?"