I Forge Iron

Buckle wip

Pancho07

After all of the destruction of the last week I've felt the need to create something. This is the beginning of a new buckle. It's a long ways from perfect but some copper will cover up some of the imperfections. I may put a spot weld in some of the over cuts from the torch.

51114753850__74D12C90-A1F5-40A2-A38B-E5BFD0E2BF4B.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I like it Pancho, looks pretty darned good. Have you tried "tinning" the copper with solder then placing it and heating the main body of the piece? It doesn't leave solder to clean up around the applique.

Frosty The Lucky.

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

I like it Pancho, looks pretty darned good. Have you tried "tinning" the copper with solder then placing it and heating the main body of the piece? It doesn't leave solder to clean up around the applique.

Frosty The Lucky.

That's what I was doing or trying to do but I'm fairly unpracticed with this application. The blobs in the second picture I just ground off and I figure since I'm going to leave this buckle "bright" unless I'm showing it to someone nobody should really notice it.

I think the engraving would look better if I not only had more practice but also better gravers. The ones I used were ones that I had made and were pretty crude.

And thanks guys