I Forge Iron

Soderfors sweetheart!

I have been blessed by the Swedish god of anvils lately. 1930 200 lb Swedish steel . I ended up with some treats this past Sunday . Other than a few torch nicks in the face and it looks to have been welded to a base and torched off slightly it is in excellent shape . It rings like a bell and will return a ball bearing from 12 inches to 11+ It has a slight crown in the face and really feels lively under hand . I'm very pleased and feel fortunate to find one this nice . 

IMG_3684.JPG

IMG_3687.JPG

IMG_3688.JPG

IMG_3689.JPG

Sweet 26 pounder. Sweet 200 pounder.

I would pay $200 for the 26 pounder, but only because I covet it and I don't know better. I think you could get the same or more on eBay.

Had I not just acquired my dream Soderfors, I would be seething with envy right now.

Robert Taylor

9 minutes ago, Anachronist58 said:

Sweet 26 pounder. Sweet 200 pounder.

I would pay $200 for the 26 pounder, but only because I covet it and I don't know better. I think you could get the same or more on eBay.

Had I not just acquired my dream Soderfors, I would be seething with envy right now.

Robert Taylor

Let's see your dream Swede!

• 1 month later...