I Forge Iron

Dressing my forklift tine anvil?

Hello,

I'm about to start to dress my forklift tine anvil. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion on where I should grind in my different radii.

I am looking to make some knives, some tongs and whatever other things I might want to make.

I seen a square post anvil where he  had  a radii on each side with the following radii,  1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and just broke the edge on one side of his square post anvil, however, mine is  rectangle shaped.

I don't know where to stand in relationship to the anvil to use my anvil in the most effective way.

If this was your anvil, what sides would you put the above radii for best use of the surface? Looking at my anvil, what side would you put the 1/2 radii, the 1/4 radii?, etc... 

my_anvil.thumb.jpg.47e053967bb98023b62b92bf70be7067.jpg

Thanks.

Thanks,

So if you were standing in front of my anvil, where each small sides where on your left and right, would you put the 1/2 radii on the right side? I like your idea on making the long sides transition from 1/8-1/4, are you saying I should mirror them on the closer side as well?

1/8----1/4

1/8----1/4