I Forge Iron

Alabama shipyard "widow maker"

KRS

I was not talking about a milling machine blade that is 1,000 + lbs - the grinder in question is a 4-1/2" that was posted in the original post - I was just saying I use a circular saw in the same way as the 4-1/2" angle grinder with a similar carbide blade.

2 hours ago, arftist said:

This post is unbelievable to me. I don't understand why it hasn't been deleted or even how someone with so little thought towards safety ever became an administrator here. 

We have always pushed safety on IForgeIron. Sometimes you need to show people what not to do, or what can happen if you do not work safely.

I did not become an administrator, I am the original IForgeIron administrator.  Before IForgeIron, I was a safety coordinator for a major US business with over 35 branch locations that shipped products world wide. One location included a machine shop, a valve shop, welding shop, fabrication shop, repair shop, pipe yard, warehouse, and repair and maintance garage.  

On 3/3/2017 at 1:32 AM, jeremy k said:

For one thing, it the previous post it looks as if the blade is on backwards. Yes, this may be a very dangerous looking tool but they work well when used correctly. I have used a circular saw with a 7-1/4" carbide blade for beveling 8" aluminum pipe for welding, with great and fast success. One has to be aware of the dangers and use the tool in a way to lessen the danger along with using your brain. No - this is not for everyone, but those that use tools like this daily it is not an issue. Any tool can be dangerous when not used it a "correct way".   I have never had a smaller blade like above for an angle grinder but I could and would use it many times in my line of work.

Really?

On 3/3/2017 at 1:32 AM, jeremy k said:

For one thing, it the previous post it looks as if the blade is on backwards. Yes, this may be a very dangerous looking tool but they work well when used correctly. I have used a circular saw with a 7-1/4" carbide blade for beveling 8" aluminum pipe for welding, with great and fast success. One has to be aware of the dangers and use the tool in a way to lessen the danger along with using your brain. No - this is not for everyone, but those that use tools like this daily it is not an issue. Any tool can be dangerous when not used it a "correct way".   I have never had a smaller blade like above for an angle grinder but I could and would use it many times in my line of work.

The only correct way to use this tool is as the manufacturer tells you to. 

It seems that many who use this tool every day still get maimed. 

51 minutes ago, Glenn said:

We have always pushed safety on IForgeIron. Sometimes you need to show people what not to do, or what can happen if you do not work safely.

I did not become an administrator, I am the original IForgeIron administrator.  Before IForgeIron, I was a safety coordinator for a major US business with over 35 branch locations that shipped world wide. One location included a machine shop, a valve shop, welding shop, fabrication shop, repair shop, pipe yard, warehouse, and repair and maintance garage.  

Jeremy who posted the post I am complaining about has the title "administrator"

2 minutes ago, jeremy k said:

I do not have a 4-1/2" blade for my angle grinder but I do have a small battery operated saw with a carbide blade that looks similar to the pic in the thread. OK yes they are Apples and Oranges.

You defended the use of the tool as pictured (the cutter is a milling cutter designed for a 2000 pound stationary machine). 

I am asking you to retract your statement. 

That is Glenn the owner of the site - evidently he misread thinking you were talking about him "Administrator".

I Totally Agree with Arftist - in that the blade in question in the original posts link is not recommended for use with an angle grinder.

I hope this clears up any confusion I have made.

People misuse all kinds of tools, use them for purposes they were never intended to do, and in doing so people are sometimes dangerous to themselves and others.  

To use a angle grinder, with the blade mentioned, and in the way the op discusses is not something I would recommend. It should serve as a warning to others not to do that. If a graphic photo scares people enough, they may think twice and not do that.