I Forge Iron

The small, fixed proletarian

templehound

A small utility knife with 1.2442 (115W8) blade and copper riveted Ceylon ironwood handle slabs.

Overall length is 200 mm.

Traditional rolled blade and stropped edge resulting in a nearly disgusting sharpness.

Actually too small to be attached to the belt, but small enough to fit in a lot of different pockets.

In Germany a lot of traditional clothing like cultural dresses, work and hunting wear still have slender pockets for knives integrated.

Mostly on the right thigh for folding inch rulers on work wear or for the "Jagdnicker" on hunting pants and "Lederhosen".

Sheath is wet formed raw hide, lined with calf skin. The riged back enhances stiffness and leaving a rhombic cross section that gives more space for the blade and less contact with the leather.

Cheers

In1,k..jpg

In2,k..jpg

In3,k..jpg

In4,k..jpg

In5,k..jpg

In9,k..jpg

In7,k..jpg

In8,k..jpg

In9b,k..jpg

3 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Great picture ( all of your pictures are great) what is that tho? Hollowed out piece of wood? 

I guess its a dried banana leaf

Excellent work, would put it in my Lederhose

21 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Great picture ( all of your pictures are great) what is that tho? Hollowed out piece of wood? 

Thanks DASwulf , it is the base of a leaf of a Betel nut tree(Areca catechu),  it is hard and thick when dried, just like wood veneer.

Bn1,k..jpg

Bn2,k..jpg

19 hours ago, KRS said:

I guess its a dried banana leaf

Excellent work, would put it in my Lederhose

Thanks KRS, .....und Grüsse nach Bayern!