I Forge Iron

New twist style?

BlasterJoe

I was using up some rebar I have had lying around the shop today. I started making a letter opener. I squared off the handle and drew out the blade. Looking at the handle I had left the ridges on the corners. I was going to round them off but I thought they might look cool if I do a twist. So here's what it turned like. Never seen it done before. Does it have a name? I am calling it a "poormans pineapple twist". 

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

The first twists I ever made were just like that. Rebar was all I had, so I was "forced" to be creative.:) I like the look of it too, but there are certain people who just can't stand to see anything made with rebar. I think the technical term is the "make Steve Sells cringe" twist...

Steams Steve twist? Looks pretty cool, needs a good thorough brushing and finishing but the twist looks cool.

What we have against rebar is it's inconsistency as working stock, there's just no telling what it's going to behave like. Then there's the extra work involved in taking the texture off it. I've made a lot of stuff out of rebar, I'd just really REALLY go buy new stock.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hello Blaster,   Thread drift !!  You have, in the lines in your palm, the "magic M", or the "midas M, or the "management M, or the "marketing M"...which type of "M" is determined by the other lines in your palm(s).  I am not a palmist, but have applied very basic elements of palm reading most of my life, often surprising myself, and others.  The "M" is a most favorable set of lines to have in your palm.  Don't send me photos of your palms...get a book about palm lines, if you are interested - makes a great topic of discussion in a group of ladies - not that I have ever used it (;< 

I know how everyone feels about rebar. I have a lot of it laying around. I've been making bottle openers and other small things. I like the "Steve Steaming Twist". 

Swedge, interesting a bout the "M". Hopefully I can start reaping the rewards someday.