I Forge Iron

Newbie to forum, wanted to introduce myself.

Off Grid

I'm a new member and wanted to introduce my self, I have been reading and exploring the forum for a while and have learned much, wanted to join and learn more though conversation.

I live in Western North Dakota on the Montana border. 

I was a farrier for years as well as bumbling my way around making stuff and now for the last 20 years or so I have been a builder, I have a small shop with a propane forge and a few anvils, I'm going to be adding some more stuff to my shop so I've been researching.

Things I'm going to be looking for and Adding to my shop are: new mig welder, drill press, belt sander and maybe a forging press, dang so much stuff I need! 

Any way, thanks. Off Grid

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. I was going to walk you through how simple it is to add or edit your Avatar but things have changed since last I edited mine so I don't know how. 

Hopefully someone who does will chime in and I can update my skill chest.

Frosty The Lucky.

13 hours ago, Off Grid said:

Ok, sounds good. I was also trying to figure out how to add an avatar pic to my profile.

They easy way to do it is:

-Click on your current pic or name here in the thread itself. That will take you to the Profile page.

-Look on the top left, where your picture is, you should see a small grey square icon. By clicking that, you change you porofile pic.

profile2.png

58 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Frosty,

Is this a wild enough thread -tangent to meet your standards?

Just wondering.

Sincerely,

SLAG.

Hey who are you accusing of having standards? :ph34r:

Yes actually, this is a delightfully Brownian trajectory sort of thread.

Frosty The Lucky.

I actually can't play the Cello (yet), but it is the instrument I find the most enjoyable to listen to. I really like Apocalyptica, I have been listening to them for many years.

Another instrument I really like (with a completely different sound) is the japanese Shamisen, although I can't recommend a good example of it.

I have been very interested in learning to play that instrument for many years, but to be honest, there are way too many things that I'm interested in doing. They will eventually have their turn, in time.

30 minutes ago, Andres Bello said:

I actually can't play the Cello (yet), but it is the instrument I find the most enjoyable to listen to. I really like Apocalyptica, I have been listening to them for many years.

One of my personal triumphs in my professional life was arranging a gift (to our Conservatory of Music) of the cello (a 1725-ish Tononi) that may have been the instrument on which Anatoly Brandukov played the world premieres of the Tchaikovsky Cello Concerto and the Rachmaninoff Cello Sonata. We know that he owned it, but we can't prove he used it for those performances.