I Forge Iron

Corbels......Supporting stuff sense.....well a long time

David Kailey

Got an order for 5 corbels......then another for 20.

I always post what I am up to on IG and FB......I have had people say so of its not worth posting, its to easy to make,........ bla bla bla.......it dosen't show case my skills....

Well these are about as simple a corbel as a guy can make......customer ordered 5 of them....easy $250 job.   I posted them today at 1pm and then I got a call from a guy 450 miles a way...... he saw them cause his buddy follows my IG account.....he loves them and is putting in a set of wall shelves..... he ordered 20 of them at $50 each....... easy 12-14 hours of work maybe $50 in materials...... nice little payday to keep the lights on and the doors open.

20170220_135500.jpg

20170221_124600.jpg

20170221_131611.jpg

22 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

sounds like the roses that I make. if I post any on FB I need to make a ton more. I cant keep up. If it's worth it Great!

Lol. I guess my roses are a bit diffrent. I post one and everyone wants one until I price them out. Id have to get $40-50 a piece. I'd like to see how you make yours.

Roses take a while to make. I sell mine for about $60 and they sell quickly. I don't do many now as there is more demand for things that give better return for the time spent. Maybe I should change my avatar to a bottle opener!:D

$50 each....... so 20 x $50 = @1,000.00

The original order was priced out at some corbels the customer saw on line, machine made, and they were $50 each.......I knew I could match the price so I did. The next guy owns a house on lake CDA in Idaho......So no need to lower my price even with the order of 20.

On 2/22/2017 at 0:52 AM, ausfire said:

Roses take a while to make. I sell mine for about $60 and they sell quickly. I don't do many now as there is more demand for things that give better return for the time spent. Maybe I should change my avatar to a bottle opener!:D

Ausfire,

Yah I have done the wrap around rose and the plasma cut 5 piece rose.......both take a while.....35-45 min there about. $50-60 is about all I can get they sell here also but people always seem to want the rose.......with....some kind of other element... Thats great and all and usually I can push the price up closer to $100-$120.... but not everyone likes the same element.... but that is really were the profit is because the add element usually is very fast to produce 5-15 min for an added $40-$60

2 hours ago, Chris Comtois said:

Nice!  I thought maybe with the way the support curved in it might loose some structural strength, but if it's that beefy prolly not. 

The curve certainly does make for a weaker structure than a straight brace... but these are massively built.  David's strength estimates seem conservative to me.

On 3/2/2017 at 11:27 AM, bigfootnampa said:

The curve certainly does make for a weaker structure than a straight brace... but these are massively built.  David's strength estimates seem conservative to me.

I definitely am conservative in my holding weight. But I have had people ask for me to build them things to hold....?????lbs and I did that but then they load it up with ?????lbs plus 150% lol...... I am not an engineer so its better to over build and stay conservative.