I Forge Iron

Integral bowie with autumn leaves cast into the handle window

TheoRockNazz

This has been a prototype I've been developing for a while and am happy to finally show off!

Waterjet cut then forged 5160 blade with integral guard. Handle window contains dried autumn leaves suspended in alumilite. Next I'll be working on different versions of this with various blade styles and handle materials ranging from crushed egg shells to solid cocobolo to antler.

20170128_124146-01.jpeg20170128_124749-01.jpeg20170128_124458-01.jpeg20170128_124427-01.jpeg20170128_124250-01.jpeg

Leme know what yall think! :)

Pretty cool Theo. My Father the rock hound had a coffee table made with a selections of slices of stones embedded in resin. It sat in our living room for I don't remember how long and is in my Sister's now. I never thought of applying the process to handles but I have to be pretty adamant with my Sister about not taking a bunch of petrified wood and other semi precious stone home every time I talk to her. Heck, she offers to pack up the coffee table every now and then but Deb and I don't have room or I'd have it here now.

I don't know why we haven't seen this before, I've been seeing . . . things embedded in resin since I was a kid, heck I remember a Boy Scout project to make Christmas ornaments using a kit with plastic molds, resin and pigment. A couple daring kids put . . . GLITTER!(GASP) in theirs. Man Were they the troop rebels!

Uh lets see, scorpion stingers, crab claws, dragon fly wings, human toes, etc. the list is endless.

Fun and beautiful stuff Theo. Frosty be watchin you young man. :ph34r:

Frosty The Lucky.

On 1/30/2017 at 7:10 PM, ThomasPowers said:

Diorama of a tree striking a figure with a chainsaw?  

Uh. . . Wouldn't that be a Die-orama?  Could have trees chasing a guys with a chainsaws it'd be popular with the conservationist folk.

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

Abigail Goldman is an artist that makes Die-O-Ramas (miniature crime scenes). I have seen a few of her pieces at a gallery in Las Vegas. She is also on Facebook now , https://m.facebook.com/dieoramas/

And wouldn't she be a fun date! Fun if pretty creepy, I'll have to pass the link around. Thanks.

Frosty The Lucky.

What about pages from a book. Would they stand up in the acrylic? I used to have a deconstructed blasting cap in acrylic on my desk for training purposes that was pretty cool. It had the primer charge, base charge, and timing fuse all pulled out to show the internals. Might be hard to get you hands on those materials these days. Even if you could I wouldn't recommend dissecting one. Any how I would show a picture but I guess someone needed more than me and it disappeared.:angry:

Going off of the pages idea (forgive me if this is blasphemous) maybe you could print out quotes from the Bible and cast them in for someone who is religious? You may not want to rip pages out of a Bible, that's why I said print them haha. Then perhaps on the other side, a different quote, or the ashes idea that Thomas recommended? Just a thought. Great looking knife by the way, nice work.