I Forge Iron

New Guy

Andrew Leigh

Welcome aboard Andrew, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many Iforge members live within visiting distance. Telling us in a post isn't going to stick in our memories after we open another.

I'm going to answer your other post here or they'll get merged into one post anyway.

Extending your post anvil will only improve it's performance if it's welded and the extension is solid. Bolting them together will make the rd. bar a heavy duty stand and do little if anything for anvil performance.

How are you planning on connecting the stake anvil to the stand? It's a nice size, I guesstimate it at about 100.8lbs or 45.8kg. Nice size if you have it in a stable stand.

I'm a big fan of steel tripod stands with tong and hammer racks that wedge the anvil into the rim of the stand. I used to use wood blocks morticed to accept the anvil foor but they aren't as stable on uneven ground and a lot noisier.

Frosty The Lucky.