littleblacksmith

What did you do in the shop today?

Nice job on the bowl shape. Either or on the rivets. Copper will stand out more as a nice accent (even if it is just a forge tool) and not rust. 

I needed some really tiny rasps made, but I have no idea on how to do so, but I gave it a go anyway, it does not look good, the teeth are all over the place but I will give it some more tries, think I also need to adjust the cutting tool, it will get better hopefully.

it is heat treated and it cuts.

rasp.jpg.cad16fbafedf9902d86b403172696f3d.jpg

Note that the very high end rasps are hand cut so they are NOT all neat and aligned and leaving plowed troughs in the wood being rasped.

1 minute ago, ThomasPowers said:

NOT all neat and aligned.

Hmm, yea you are right guess I never thought about it.

Such nice work from everybody! Lou L, I especially like your candle-a-bra. Fit for Xena the Warrior Princess:) Here is my project today. I've watched Brian Brazeal do it several times on you tube and thought I would give it a try. I learned some things to do different next time. I have a few more shoes, so I'll try it again. I'm in the process of filing some of the sharp edges and such I left on it. Hope everybody has a good day

image.jpeg

Next step up is making horse heads on the ends. :) looks good to me. 

Forged about 20 prototype 1074 springs today for a patent design in the works I have been working on.

Cheers and "happy metal working"

Paul

DSC04513.jpg

Buzzkill, thanks for the great idea (and pun).  I put little effort into the interior of the “piece” because it would be out of view.  If I were to polish it it would certainly create a nice halo effect.  I’m on it! 

Angry with myself....I just offered a minor diatribe against Roman art in favor of the Greeks because the Romans designed their statues to be against a wall and put no detail in the back side of them.  And here I go following suit.  Down with Roman metalwork!

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes. 

I seem to keep getting texts asking "when will "such and such" be done." Ugh! I just want to get my shop cleaned and organized! 

After about the tenth time over a scorpion I'm feeling like there is going to be a mob with pitchforks and torches outside my shop soon. 

Had one started and Hated it. So I started a new one. Was it Vaughn, BigGun, or who that told me to TIG the chain? Yeah, Wow, big difference Even with zero experience other than watching a video years ago. I really need to learn this TIG thing.

Anyway, here is the start. Getting worried when the guys nickname that wants this is Tommy Gun, and it seems he is possibly getting impatient.

IMG_14082018_212648_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg

IMG_14082018_212703_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg