bobasaurus

Twin Dragonscale Drawknives

12 posts in this topic

I finished a second chain damascus drawknife.  It has a 1080 steel backer with redheart and copper handles.  I traded the bigger one to a friend (Brian of BearKat Wood) who made me an incredible woodworking hand saw in exchange.  

2017-01-08_19-20-15_27.jpg

2017-01-08_19-14-54_26.jpg

2016-12-31_22-09-26_40.jpg

We should rename this thread the "Eye Candy" thread. Beautiful draw knives Bob and what a hand saw!

Frosty The Lucky.

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

We should rename this thread the "Eye Candy" thread. Beautiful draw knives Bob and what a hand saw!

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty.  The hand saw is so pretty it's hard to use in case I scratch it.  I'll have to come up with a good project for it soon.  It's made for cutting tenons in medium sized boards.  

Why did this get moved?  This is a finished project by a member, so doesn't it belong in member projects?  

12 hours ago, bobasaurus said:

Why did this get moved?  This is a finished project by a member, so doesn't it belong in member projects?  

I wouldn't get upset Bob, the admin guys have to go through a LOT of traffic every day and often have to make snap decisions. Until you mentioned it in this post I didn't know it was in the "Member projects" section I just assumed it was with the blades.

Were I to make blades that beautiful that's where I would've put the pics. Let the other bladesmiths drool for a change. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

Really nice Bobasaurus. And that's a great trade. 

shame on you! you made me drool on the floor again!:D if i could find a gaping-mouthed  emoticon i would so use it! this is the best they have.:blink: 

Thanks everyone.  I'm making a display/holder for my drawknives now to mount on my french cleat wall in the shop.