I Forge Iron

1 year anniversary

Mark Ling

I joined this forum on January 3 of last year, and just thought I would try and express my thank you to everyone on here.

I'm sure I've been a pain in the rear most times, and I apologize. I'm sure that I've asked some dumb questions and said some stupid stuff. I'm sorry. But what I have learned in the past year, is truly amazing. Not only that, but I believe that what I have learned, could not have happened without the help of everyone on this forum, so thank you. I feel like every time I come on the forum is the time I learn the most. Oh, and a time to catch up on the latest pun. :). And then when I go out to the forge, and put this knowledge to use, I am able to have a basic understanding of what is happening, and what to do, and what not too do. Not every time it works out, but I am tempted to say that those are my favorite times. The times when I then get to (try and) figure out what went wrong, and are the times when I gain the most knowledge.

Just wanted to say thanks for everything, and for putting up with me so long.

Littleblacksmith

Mate, for a young fella of 14 you're entitled to a dumb question or two, and most of us have been guilty of that at some time. I think everyone here is impressed by your dedication and the great progress you have made.

I believe a lot of us here would wish that we had started in blacksmithing at your age. You have a great talent and a wonderful future.

Bah, the IFI family has been putting up with me for about a decade now! If they can tolerate my mangy butt your in like flint. 

All kidding aside, you have asked your questions then took the answers, turned them every wich way and did your homework. Be it reading or at the anvil. You have been a breath of fresh air

You are doing fine.  You ask some odd questions, but you seem to remember the answers which is more than many, You appear to be house broken unlike some of these young pups chewing on the furniture and having accidents on the floor all the time,  :) so we will keep you for a while longer.