I Forge Iron

Prayers as Dolores's life ends

JHCC

In the end:

We are left with memories of loved ones, and become memories for those who love us.

May our lord rest her soul and cleave to her.

Let me offer My and Margaret's deepest condolences to you, your spouse, and the whole family,  in these trying times.

SLAG

I just finished reading Lisa's "Vigil." She's a beautiful author and it's good the vigil has ended, good for all. Our family eases the pain of passing by holding a wake, not the good loud rowdy Irish kind ours are quieter. We joke, laugh and tell funny stories about our best memories. That way we never lose anybody, our last memories are of smiles and laughter.

Be well John, give Lisa a hug for me and tell her Frosty says she done good. You're all in my prayers.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

Dolores's memorial service was yesterday. It went as well as could be expected, maybe even better. No family drama, a few tears, a little laughter (mostly from my saying in my eulogy "Dolores and I met when Lisa and I were in ninth grade, and she took a long time to warm up to me. But in the last few months of her life...."), some solid prayers from Rev. Anderson (who keeps asking me to make him a sword), the reunion of old friends, and some pretty decent food. 

Thank you all for your prayers, and now we move on.

Much love,
JHCC