I Forge Iron

Prayers as Dolores's life ends

JHCC

Lisa and I are in the hospital with her mother Dolores as her life comes to its end. We've stopped further treatment, as there is no point in artificially preserving life a body that wants to die. She is peaceful (finally) and not in pain. 

Please pray for us. 

UPDATE: Dolores is comfortable, but her blood pressure is at unsustainably low levels and her kidneys have shut down. According to the medical people, she is "actively dying", but she is on a morphine drip and is not feeling any pain. It's just a matter of time. 

Lisa is understandably upset, but mostly because of incidental family drama coming from other quarters. Nothing like a death in the family to bring out unresolved issues.

Thank you all for your continued prayers.

Prayers said for you and yours.  I know somewhat of what you are going through.  On Thursday my wife and I fly to North Carolina where her younger sister is in the late stages of ALS and not expected to live much longer.   These are the times when our spouses need us most.  Best wishes.

Starbits

Its never easy.   Lucky for us when we turned off my Fathers machines he passed in a few minutes. Still cant forgot the wondering of if we gave him another day would.....

As he said at the end that its the quality of life that matters most, Praying for your family

3 hours ago, Steve Sells said:

Its never easy.   Lucky for us when we turned off my Fathers machines he passed in a few minutes. Still cant forgot the wondering of if we gave him another day would.....

As he said at the end that its the quality of life that matters most, Praying for your family

It was a blessing that she was able to be very clear that she wanted to be DNR -- it's the same decision we would have made for her, but after several months of increasing lack of control over her life, it was good that she was able to make that decision for herself.

If anyone's interested, Lisa's written a blog post about her vigil.

She is now at rest and on to a much better place after a full life.  she left a family that loved her and Nothing else really matter.  Lisa will have her memories of her mom forever.  One can't ask for more than that.   You are all  in our prayers

Dale & Carol