I Forge Iron

First Piece For The New Year!

It was nice to get back into the shop today after taking a much needed break. This is a piece that was requested by a very dear friend of mine. She asked for something that reflected her faith that she could hang on a wall. This is what I came up with. I cut the flower off a mangled up piece of something I found at the scrapyard.....worked for me lol!

The painted flower made for an interesting contrast to the rest of the bare scrap metal.

IMG_4326.JPG

Thank you kindly gents. I think it turned out well. 

Das I wrapped the rod in to bring a little life if you will to the piece. I was trying to represent the flow of life from root through stock into the sun raise. Not sure if that that translated very well but that's what I was going for. Looks good anyway lol!

CT, I cant say it translated like that to me but it looks great haha. from root yes, but where they pass over and through the horizontal bars then cross through and behind the vertical is great. visually pleasing to me whatever the intended meaning. well done!