I Forge Iron

Horse head horse shoes.

Daswulf

One last thing Das, before you put on the "facial features" on the horse heads, do they even look like horses? 'cause with mine before I put in the eye, ear, etc.. they don't look a thing like horses! I think that if I showed them to somebody before all the "facial features" that it would take a few guesses and hints before they figured out what it was! Every time I make them before I put in all the marks I consider throwing it in the scrap pile because they don't look like they will be decent enough to put out on the sales table. In the end they look good (in my opinion) though.

One thing I forgot to mention was that the heart with he leaf on it is my favorite, but it took the longest to make unfortunately. Mainly because I couldn't forge it like a regular one because it was a flat bar. So, I had to use a spring fullering tool to separate the stem from the leaf which took longer that I would have liked.

Littleblacksmith

9 minutes ago, Tubalcain2 said:

we sell used ones for 25 cents each.

I get as much as I want along with rasps from a farrier I know! he also lent me his anvil and a pair of tongs when I first started out.  I think I'm a bit overdue for making him a thank you gift. Now though, if you were around and he wasn't than I would buy them for 25 cent, that really isn't much unless you need thousands of 'em.

Littleblacksmith

Great work LittleBlacksmith. They are nice. And sometimes we all have to go to plan C or D or Z lol. I like parts on yours that I don't like much on my own. :) Keep at it. You have the advantage of starting young and I look forward to seeing where you go from there. I'm already impressed. Well done and keep it up. 

4 hours ago, littleblacksmith said:

One last thing Das, before you put on the "facial features" on the horse heads, do they even look like horses? 'cause with mine before I put in the eye, ear, etc.. they don't look a thing like horses! I think that if I showed them to somebody before all the "facial features" that it would take a few guesses and hints before they figured out what it was! Every time I make them before I put in all the marks I consider throwing it in the scrap pile because they don't look like they will be decent enough to put out on the sales table. In the end they look good (in my opinion) though.

One thing I forgot to mention was that the heart with he leaf on it is my favorite, but it took the longest to make unfortunately. Mainly because I couldn't forge it like a regular one because it was a flat bar. So, I had to use a spring fullering tool to separate the stem from the leaf which took longer that I would have liked.

Littleblacksmith

funny enough the leaf heart hooks from 8 or 10" nails take me longer then the horse shoe horse head hearts. yeah the horseshoe hearts take a bit to recognize. here is a pic in progress. if you really want I will take a pic of each process.007.JPG