I Forge Iron

Pig themed kitchen knife and cutting board

TheoRockNazz

San mai blade of 1095 core, random pattern shell, and pure nickle shims. Bolster and butt cap are 3D printed cast copper, designed to sport a pigs head and squiggly tail. The cutting board and knife holder was made by Eugene Manigo, owner of Kambui Custom Craft in Brooklyn - both the board and handle are reclaimed walnut and teak with new purpleheart.

20161210_105911-01.jpeg20161210_105937-01.jpeg20161210_110531-01.jpeg20161210_110114-01.jpeg20161210_110443-01.jpeg

This is the first completed knife using my friend and fellow knifemaker's, Jann Muchnikoph, 23 ton press; what a wonderful tool!

Comments and critique always welcome,

Theo

• 4 weeks later...

and there's me, messin' about with little vises. What a beautiful piece of work and to combine master metalworking with master woodworking-truly a triumphant piece. Superb and bravo boys. That is what you call bringing home the bacon. Only someone unsighted could criticise it and only then because they couldn't see it. Tom.