I Forge Iron

Simple scrap dragonfly

5 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Gatta keep the imagination soaring. :D 

I think all of us scrapologists have imaginations that produce too many ideas for the time we have available to materialise them! And these threads just add to the frustration!

Hopefully, now that the summer wet is approaching and the tourist numbers are dropping off, I'll have more time at my home forge and get to make more imaginative stuff than hooks, handles and bottle openers.

Not enough hours in the day. :(

That is slick ! I bought some 1/2'' ball bearings from Amazon for bottom of horseshoe hot plates. I don't know if cheap or not but did receive quickly.

https://www.amazon.com/40-pack-Steel-Ball-slingshot-ammo/dp/B004PX9KO0/ref=sr_1_5?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1480300195&sr=1-5&keywords=steel+balls

40 pack 1/2" Steel-Ball slingshot ammo (12 oz 4.6 out of 5 sta

Price: $7.84 ($0.20 / Slingshot Ammo) Free Shipping for Prime Members

That's pretty big for this exact project but could work for a larger version. Personally ball bearings of about all sizes can be had inexpensively through different "junk" wheel bearings. That's expensive for what I would pay but if you had no other option...  What's a box of doughnuts and asking nicely cost? Take that to a body or mechanical shop and it could pay 100 fold in what your looking for. 

Again tho, with no other options.? 

• 1 year later...