I Forge Iron

Champion blower wont stay adjusted

magikk

Hi everyone,I picked up a Champion blower awhile ago.I got it working OK ,but after using for awhile it goes  out of adjustment.I then have to re adjust the set screws on the  front shaft where the phosphor bronze gear sits.How tight should I tighten the set screws? If I tighten them too much its hard to turn.Thanks for any help. Mike

Well now

I cannot see what you are doing so I have to assume you are doing it incorrectly.  

Them set screws ain't for that. You need to use the plugs. They be threaded in the bore of the case. They have two small holes in which you insert a tool to turn the plug.  

If I was at work I could send pictures of that assembly.  Unassembled.

Maybe I can wake up Joey and he can shoot you over some pics.

I'm gonn tell you the truth. I have only taken apart and assembled five of these. I cannot tell you what I had for breakfast, my friend. I do not have one here where I'm at. I can look inside one and then, perhaps, I'd remember..............(??)

You could be correct. I asked Joey but he hasn't had his coffee yet this morning. He has a video, so............He wanted you to contact him via  Facebook or look for his youtube video. Joey Van der Steeg 

I did watch the video on youtube and what I was calling set screws Joey is calling adjusters and there is a nut on the threaded adjuster on the blower in the video and mine had no nuts just the threaded screw .I guess I'll find some nuts the same thread and  try getting things adjusted again.Then I imagine tighten the nuts down to hold the set screws in to adjustment Thanks Mike