I Forge Iron

Knife makers in whom you look up to or strive to mimic

Johnnyreb338

Chuck Burrows was primarily a leatherworker, but he had a good number of collaborations with knifemakers (Gib and Tai being the ones I know about the most) where they supplied a blade and he did all of the handle work, fittings, sheath, and display stand, giving the finished piece his own distinctive style, hence me including him.

• 3 weeks later...

My buddy, Bill Fiorini.  He taught me to blacksmith, I taught him to duck hunt.  The metal working world lost a great one when he passed.  I know I will never even come close to his art/craftsmanship/skills, but every time I pick up a hammer or make sparks on a grinder I think of him.

I have a few things he made, but would love to get one of his hammers to pass on to my son who is setting up his own smithy.

Moosetrot

I started out following Raymond Richard.  Now I lean more toward David Lisch, Lin Rhea, and Jean Louis Regel, among others.  Don Hanson.  Veronique Laurent.  Warenski, and Loerchner.  Bruce Bump.  I could go on and on.  If you're not frequently searching for master inspiration, you'll not likely make it to master yourself IMO.