I Forge Iron

New to me building hopefully

MarvinB

A friend of mine is moving so naturally I asked him what he was gonna do with his almost finished shed his response I'ma leave it ME well I be xxxxxx if that's so He looks at me funny asks me what I mean so we worked out a deal hope it all goes well and I get it home 

20161104_162052.jpg

20161104_162030.jpg

20161104_162013.jpg

Nice Connex shed! Plenty of room under cover AND a lockable secure area. But be ready to pay for a slide back wrecker or trailer to move the container. Have the place cleared, leveled and ready to drop it. The rest is basic grunt work and doable solo if you're careful. The Connex makes an excellent secure surface to work off of erecting the rest of the shop.

Good score!

Frosty The Lucky.

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

Nice Connex shed! Plenty of room under cover AND a lockable secure area. But be ready to pay for a slide back wrecker or trailer to move the container. Have the place cleared, leveled and ready to drop it. The rest is basic grunt work and doable solo if you're careful. The Connex makes an excellent secure surface to work off of erecting the rest of the shop.

Good score!

Frosty The Lucky.

We got a car trailer and we don't have to move it but about 6 miles we've been talking we've got 4 railroad Jack's think I might weld four peaces of 4" I beam off each corner lift it up back the trailer under it and off we go 

What's the tare weight on the container and how empty can you get it? I'd just put ramps up and winch it onto the trailer, the less you lift a load the less likely you are to have something BAD happen. You'll need to put beams under it to get it to clear the fenders anyway and Connexes are made to be dragged. Steel on steel is low friction.

Don't get fancy, sure you can make the jacks plan "work" but have you considered getting the cross beams out from under it to let it down on the trailer deck? I've thought that plan to death many times over the years and it's more PITA than workable.

Frosty The Lucky.

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

What's the tare weight on the container and how empty can you get it? I'd just put ramps up and winch it onto the trailer, the less you lift a load the less likely you are to have something BAD happen. You'll need to put beams under it to get it to clear the fenders anyway and Connexes are made to be dragged. Steel on steel is low friction.

Don't get fancy, sure you can make the jacks plan "work" but have you considered getting the cross beams out from under it to let it down on the trailer deck? I've thought that plan to death many times over the years and it's more PITA than workable.

Frosty The Lucky.

5000 lbs and it'll be completely empty I'ma look everything  over and see what the best approach will be 

I don't think the average guy can come up with the "best" approach, that takes a slideback and winch. Folk like us with flat bed car haulers get to use . . . inventive means. Having a short haul and less than max load weight is a good thing. It's good to have some margin, makes things go smoothly but I'm not going to jinx ya. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.