I Forge Iron

Sodium silicate perlite and aluminum oxcide baby powder

MarvinB

OK well before I joined this forum i watched a YouTube video on a simple forge liner you all know the one it didn't work the first time it would never cure just crumbled apart so I figured it was something I did wrong well I tried it again teaked it a bit let sit for a week still it just crumbled so I stuck it under the table and started collecting the material to do it right at this time I've joined up here well it's been sitting under the table for well over a month I pull it out with the intention of knocking all this crap out and doing it right well it set so I stuck a burner in it to see warmed it up its ok threw the gas to it stick a file in it 5 min is all it took I let it run it insulates good no heat on the outside I figure I've got money in it so I think I might smear some refractory over it see how well it does OH And I'm Not Trying To incurage anyone to use this because even if it does work out fine who has a month to wait on it to set lol I just so happened to say the heck with it and used coal I forgot to mention I put heat to it as well trying to hurry the prosses it just kept growing and crumbling 

20161125_003226.jpg

20161125_003246.jpg

20161125_003904.jpg

• 2 weeks later...