I Forge Iron

I hate to ask

Daswulf

I disconnected from television years ago. When I say so they ask " so you don't have a tv?" I tell them I have a nice TV I just very rarely use it to watch a movie. 

I wasted too many years glued to the TV. And I still don't have enough time in a day. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do watch movies, but as my TV is neither hooked up to cable or the antenna, (and haven't been for the last 5 years) I don't have that problem, now this dang phone and this monster called the Internet...

It's a day to day struggle to keep your demons fettered, Das. More than half the problem isn't us, it's the fear mongering the media has been doing sense the in intron of the printing press. Crazy peaple chopping up their families sells copy (or makes ratings) who cares if it was drugs and alcohol? Mental illness sounds so much scarier. For the most part we are less violet than the average person (excepting a few diagnoses) and sertainly less so than a drunk or a meth head. Now ourselves? That's a whole nother matter, most mental illnesses are trully life threatening. Sure, when at demons at nipping at our heals, and some fool just won't get out of our faces it can be scary for the uninitiated. But like a big grouchy dog, we love and are loyal to our peaple, especially our little peaple. 

One day, heck some times one minnet at a time Das. I'm fuming up from a low fryday before last, and with a full moon, I'm afraid of a manic episode. But I am still here, still praying for all of "my peaple". 

During the late craziness I have been getting most of my news off the BBC website.  I still stay in touch with what was going on over here but it was not nearly so overwhelmed with the craziness and seemed to have better analysis of what was going on.  (I also got to read a lot about blade laws and crime in the UK).

The BBC has been criticized as one of the most biased for news in europe recently, lots of news they ignore  or distort, many years ago I believed them but no more.

most of our media is biased like a story about jeremy corbyn 'dancing' down the street to a rememberance day parade, it had been photoshopped to remove the fact that he was actually walking with a WW2 veteran that 2 of our newspapers had to remove today

it is best to check other sources

Charles you, yours and many others are in my thoughts and prayers as well.  Don't let the moon drive your madness, to me it's just a beautiful light in the sky and when it's full and bright it lights my path from the garage back to the house. The beauty that nature provides is something that calms me. 

Thomas, I get news from several internet sources and radio, and take it all with a grain of salt anymore. 

A some years back I was letting the media stress me out with their coverage of things. It added more stress and fear on top of all the issues I already have and had. I was a mess. Slowly I have been working towards not letting them instill fear into me. this election season is a lot easier when you look at, and listen to everything with more neutral thinking and not ready to believe anything without full understanding. Fear is a horrible thing and it seems they work it into stories all the time because it sells. It's like a drug. 

I have enough problems without them adding more. That was a large step forward when I quit letting them get to me as much. 

I don't know what I can really add to what's been written here already. We all live with our demons some more successfully than others but that's just how life is. Without challenges life doesn't mean much, just taking up air, food, water and space so we do and dream.

Without getting preachy it seems to be a human need to believe in a supreme power, the earliest known masonry structures are temples and breweries. "Gobekli Tepe" by name, human advancement is as far as we know so far is rooted in God and Beer. Ain't life grand?

Anyway whatever a person's faith, and yes an atheist has faith there is no god. Same same humans need something but it seems everybody has something else, even in groups numbering billions everybody  has their own "understanding(?)" of god. I'm moved most by music but that only counts for me. But no matter what a person believes, come the time, we all face what(?) comes next alone.

I'm posting this last note to offer something that says a lot to me. We lost Leonard Cohen last week and as brilliant as he was as a poet, author, composer, musician and more, this contribution of his to humanity strikes me as his most profound. KD Lang also has a very moving version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q

That's it, I'm on the side for a while. Frosty

• 1 month later...

On a bit of an update, some things seem like they are better, not sure how things will go.   But my brother was admitted to the mental health ward at the hospital today after a meeting with a psychiatrist at a health center. He is supposed to be in for 3 to 4 days. Hopefully they can help.  I will deffinately be keeping a close eye. Prayers for him and the family are still welcome and appreciated beyond words.

• 3 weeks later...

Update, it's too much to handle almost. 

My brother is in a downward spiral.  Rest of the family is in denial but I can't bury my brother. Just can't so I'm looking at every option and doing what I can. I'm wearing out. I really am. I am mad at myself for trying to tell myself let the chips fall where they may. I'm wearing thin. Thank you all for the prayers so far. 

I hear you brother. If talking can help at all, let me know. Some tragedies  can not be averted, but I have seen things turn for the better when it was simply not possible.

Sometimes just talking the strategy of survival can buy some time. Nonetheless, you are in our prayers and our hearts.

Robert and Sheila

Thank you so much Glenn. You have been too kind. I'm doing and praying my all. Some times I want to just give up because I feel I dont have the strength but I know I cant and I have to keep trying giving and sharing. I have some faith that the family can get better and heal. At times it seems like we are cursed. I'm giving all I have for healing.

Hard news Das, bitter hard. I'm still with you for all I'm worth. You have to let up on yourself Brother, there are things we just can't help and there's less than no good reason to drive  yourself down too. 

We used to HATE the section in first aid training where the only right answer was to back away from the victim and not become a victim ourselves. You can NOT help anybody, ANYBODY if you let this take you down. You can only do as much as you can, some things are just beyond our abilities. Putting yourself in the hospital too is only doing harm to those you love. This happens to everybody sooner or later unless said person is a hermit and has nobody at all. 

We're praying for you and your brother but you must take care of yourself first this time. Stay with us Brother, we love you.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty, C-1. 

Frosty, I have learned that, and I have to remind myself of it.

A cousin of mine that I don't see often is also down on his luck at the moment. I talked with him and will be driving out to bring him out to my place for the weekend. He is a great woodworker and is interested in what I've been doing so I'm going to teach him a little metal work. Also my brothers haven't seen him in a while and it will be some good bonding time for all of us. I hope that may help ease things if only for a weekend.